This week we are traveling around the galaxy! To help the kids get around while exploring outer space we made jet packs.
What We Used:
- Cereal box
- colored paper (large enough to cover the box)
- circles, semi-circles, rectangles and squares cut out of paper
- colored pencils
- double sided tape or glue stick
- red and yellow crepe paper streamers
- small cups
What We Did:
- Cut the paper so that it will cover one side of the cereal box.
- Glue or tape it to the box.
- We used the shapes cut out of paper to make a fuel tank gauge, on and off boosters, etc. Aiden and I talked about the different shapes and I let him write the words and add markings with the crayons and colored pencils.
- Tape or glue on the gauges and buttons.
- Cut a small slit in each side of the cereal box (in the middle) and slide your ribbon through the slits. Pull the ribbon through until it is even on both sides. Make sure it will fit your child (like a backpack) and tape the ribbon on the inside or back of the box. We left the top of our jet packs open so we could put things inside.
- Add rocket boosters to the bottom of the box using small cups or rolled up paper.
- Add “fire” by tearing up some red and yellow crepe streamers. Tape them inside the booster.
Put on your jet pack and have fun exploring the galaxy!